Mr. 2,000! Just last week, Bruce became the 11th manager in MLB history to record 2,000 career wins! After 25 consecutive seasons as an MLB Manager, Bruce will retire this weekend. #ThankYouBoch
- Stuntin’ Like My Daddy. In September 2014, Bruce became the seventh manager in MLB history to manage his son! Brett Bochy was called up from Triple-A Fresno when rosters expanded and got to play for his dad during the final month of the regular season.
- Three’s Company. Bruce is one of just 11 managers in MLB history to win at least three World Series. He led the Giants “Even Year Magic” Championship teams in 2010, 2012, and 2014. We think we know where he’ll wind up next. #HOFBound
- How does Bruce unwind after stressful games? He walks. How does Bruce get to Oracle? He walks. In fact, he enjoys walking so much that he wrote a book called “The Book of Walks” in 2015. He documents all his favorite places to walk throughout San Francisco and in the cities he’s visited while on the road.
- 1995-2019. Those may be the years Bruce has managed in MLB, but two weeks ago, it was also his career wins and losses. Now that’s something you don’t see every day. #MindBlown
- Wine, fishing poles, and a trip to Montana to go fly fishing. These are just a few of the gifts the other 29 MLB teams presented to Bruce during his farewell tour. By the looks of it, retirement will treat him REALLY well!