- World Series MVP, but make it extra historic. After batting .300 with three homers and six RBI in the World Series, Jorge was of course named MVP. But get this. Hailing from Havana, Jorge is just the second Cuban-born player to EVER win the award!
- About those three World Series home runs…Jorge hit a leadoff homer in Game 1, the game-winning pinch-hit homer in Game 4, and the game-winning homer in Game 6, making him just the sixth player to EVER hit three go-ahead homers in a World Series!
- November 2nd is a REALLY good day for him! Jorge now has two World Series titles, and both of them happened on the exact same date. Along with last night, Jorge also won the World Series back on November 2nd of 2016 as a member of the Cubs!
- Born for baseball! Believe it or not, Jorge was first scouted in Cuba when he was just six years old because of his size and ability to bat. He enrolled in a sports academy when he was 12, and later defected from Cuba when he was 18 to chase his dream of being an MLB player.
- A man of many tattoos, Jorge says the first tattoo he ever got was his mom’s name along with some sunflowers, her favorite flower. He was in America and she was still in Cuba when he got it done, so he sent her a pic, and she absolutely loved it!
Image: @js12 on Instagram