- SheBelieves Cup MVP. Mallory was named the 2023 SheBelieves Cup MVP after scoring four goals in three matches. She helped lead the USWNT to their SheBelieves Cup title, scoring the game-winning goal to beat Brazil 2-1.
- Young records. At the 2016 Summer Olympics, Mallory became the youngest player to ever score a goal for the United States in the Olympics when she put one past Colombia at age 18. She also holds the USWNT record for most career assists before the age of 20.
- Pregame routine over superstitions. Mallory does not consider herself superstitious, but she does stick to a pregame routine. She eats oatmeal with peanut butter or almond butter and half of a banana and always puts on Vaseline before a game.
- You’re a wizard Mallory! Mallory has a Harry Potter like scar in the middle of her forehead from falling off the monkey bars as a kid. She calls herself clumsy and has broken her arm three times.
- Chicago’s athletic power couple. Mallory’s husband, All-Star MLB shortstop Dansby Swanson, followed in her Chicago footsteps by signing with the Cubs during free agency in December. Mallory has played for the NWSL’s Chicago Red Stars since 2021.
Image source: Mallory Swanson on Instagram