Hi there, Chiefs Kingdom!
We’re coming off a bye week and I thought this would be the perfect time to share 5 Fun Facts about one of the most interesting men in the NFL, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif.
1. Laurent, or “Larry” as he’s known in the NFL, was born in Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Quebec and grew up in Montreal. His first language is French. Bonjour Larry!
2. In 2014, he was the Kansas Chiefs 6th round draft pick. He is the 10th player in the NFL to be chosen from a Canadian University. Merci, Canadians!
3. When he was 16 years old, he lived on a sailboat with his parents. They sailed from Montreal, down the east coast and then to the Bahamas and Cuba. Larry, anytime you need a first mate, sign me up captain!
4. He consumes 6,000 calories a day! His daily breakfast regularly consists of four to five eggs, cottage cheese, toast, fruit, juice and coffee with one cream and one sugar. Breakfast of champions!
5. Not only is Larry busy with his NFL career, he is also attending medical school at Mcgill University, working towards fulfilling his lifelong goal of being a medical doctor.
I could keep going with more incredible things about Larry, but I’m out of time. If you want to know more about our upcoming doc, check out his biography written by journalist Pierre Cayouette called, The Most Interesting Man in the NFL. Pierre, I would agree! Go, Chiefs!
More of my 5 Fun Facts here[NFL-Chiefs-footer]