- For the first time ever, NBA All-Star Weekend will be combined into one night…tonight! The festivities tip off with the Skills Challenge and 3-Point Contest, followed by Team LeBron vs. Team Durant in the game, plus the Dunk Contest at halftime.
- This year, NBA All-Star will benefit HBCUs and communities impacted by the ongoing pandemic, with Team LeBron playing for the Thurgood Marshall College Fund and Team Durant playing for the United Negro College Fund. Together with their partners, the NBA will make over a $3M contribution to these orgs and more!
- State Farm Arena is All-Star ready, with a brand-new court inspired by HBCUs. This year’s court features vibrant colors and designs that celebrate the spirit and importance of HBCUs and was even created in collab with alumni from some of the schools!
- You’re not imagining it. Team LeBron plays in the All-Star Game every year! Ever since the NBA switched formats of the game in 2018, LeBron has been the leading vote-getter in his conference and gets to draft his own team. BTW, Team LeBron has never lost!
- We love a cute teammate story and Team Durant is bringing us one! St. Louis natives Bradley Beal and Jayson Tatum will be teaming up for the first time EVER at the ASG. The two go wayyyy back, but they’ve never actually shared the court as teammates.
- Nothin’ but Brooklyn Nets. That’s right! The Nets have the most All-Stars of any team in the East, with KD, Kyrie, and James Harden all voted in (and drafted to Team Durant, duh). It’s actually the first time in history the Nets have ever had this many All-Stars!
- Shooters shoot, and this year’s 3-Point Contest is full of ‘em! Steph Curry will try to win the event for the second time, while a win for Donovan Mitchell or Zach LaVine would make them the first player EVER to win both the Dunk and 3-Point Contests.
- It wouldn’t be All-Star without a controversial snub. Twitter exploded when Devin Booker wasn’t initially named an All-Star, with The King even calling him “the most disrespected player in our league”. Within 24 hours, Book was in as an injury replacement, but ironically enough, Mike Conley will now be HIS injury replacement.