It’s finally here! After months of wins, losses, suspensions, injuries, offense, and defense, Super Bowl 51 is just a few days away, with the New England Patriots taking on the Atlanta Falcons.
It will be the Brady Bunch, vs. Matty Ice and presumptive new head coach of the 49ers, Kyle Shanahan.
On this week’s Talking Touchdowns game preview, I take a look at the matchup:
- The Pats have allowed an average of 15.6 points a game in the regular season, while the Falcons scored 33.8. And the Falcons have scored 80 in the playoffs. That’s a lot of points.
- The Falcons’ Matt Ryan will most likely be this year’s MVP, while Tom Brady is, well, Tom Brady. Brady will be looking for his 5th Super Bowl ring and fourth Super Bowl MVP trophy.
- I expect New England’s cornerback Malcolm Butler to cover wide receiver Julio Jones, which will be a physical matchup. Butler’s best bet will be to keep a close eye on Jones on crossing routes to avoid major plays after the catch. Good luck.
- Brady will have to avoid Vic Beasley, Jr. like the plague, but he’s pretty good about getting rid of the ball fast. The Patriots are going to need running backs LaGarette Blount and Dion Lewis to come up big against the Falcons’ Deion Jones.
- Meanwhile, Atlanta cornerbacks Jalen Collins and Robert Alford are going to have their hands full with Chris Hogan and Julian Edelman. The Pittsburgh Steelers can tell you, leave Hogan unattended, and you’re looking at a 180 yard, two-touchdown game from the wide receiver.
- And, of course, my game prediction!
Enjoy the game!
Do you love the Los Angeles Dodgers or the Golden State Warriors and the San Francisco Giants…and think you have what it takes to be a Fangirl? Tweet me at @49ersfangirl and let’s talk!
And let us know which teams you love and we’ll notify you when we launch our Fangirl for that team. Click open one or more sections below, enter your info, select your team and click “Sign Up”[mc4wp_form id=”4023″] [mc4wp_form id=”4021″] [mc4wp_form id=”4024″]