In true October fashion, MLB matchups are heating up, as we continue through the best-of-five Divisional series. Here’s your weekend watch list:
- Cleveland Guardians 4 New York Yankees 2. The series is tied 1-1.
- Atlanta Braves at Philadelphia Phillies, 4:37 pm ET/1:37 pm PT. Series tied 1-1.
- Los Angeles Dodgers at San Diego Padres, 8:37 pm ET/5:37 pm PT. Series tied 1-1.
- Atlanta Braves at Philadelphia Phillies, 2:07 pm ET/11:07 pm PT.
- Houston Astros at Seattle Mariners, 4:07 pm ET/1:07 pm PT.
- New York Yankees at Cleveland Guardians, 7:37 pm ET/4:37 pm PT. The series is tied 1-1.
- Los Angeles Dodgers at San Diego Padres, 9:37 pm ET/6:37 pm PT.
- Houston Astros at Seattle Mariners, 3:07 pm ET/12:07 pm PT.
- Philadelphia Phillies at Atlanta Braves, 4:37 pm ET/1:37 pm PT.
- New York Yankees at Cleveland Guardians, 7:07 pm ET/4:07 pm PT.
- San Diego Padres at Los Angeles Dodgers, 9:07 pm ET/6:07 pm PT.
It looks like Aaron Rodgers will be under center when the Green Bay Packers host the New York Jets on Sunday. Rodgers injured his right thumb (throwing hand) in the Packers’ loss to the New York Giants on Sunday in London.
The thumb may need to be taped, but Rodgers practiced with it wrapped Thursday and Friday and was removed from Friday’s injury report. Both the Jets and the Packers are 3-2.
The game kicks off at 1:00 pm ET/10:00 am PT on FOX.
ESPN is reporting that Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady will be fined for his attempted kick of Atlanta Falcons defensive end Grady Jarett. The kick came during a play in which Jarrett sacked Brady and will be in the amount of $11,139.
Jarrett was flagged for roughing the passer on the play in a call that caused controversy. It came on 3rd-and-5 with 3:03. The Bucs ultimately won the game 21-15.
The 2-3 Falcons will host the 3-2 San Francisco 49ers this weekend, while the 3-2 Buccaneers head to Pittsburgh to take on the 1-4 Steelers.
The Los Angeles Rams will be without running back Cam Akers for Sunday’s game against the Carolina Panthers, for what is listed as personal reasons. Rams head coach Sean McVay said they “are working through some different things.”
Akers has had a disappointing start to the season and currently has 151 rushing yards and a touchdown on 51 carries thus far. McVay said they are keeping the situation “internal.”
The Rams are currently 2-3, while the Panthers are 1-4. It will be Carolina’s first game since firing head coach Matt Rhule earlier this week. Their interim coach is Steve Wilks.
NFL Injury News
- Andy Dalton will start at quarterback for the New Orleans Saints on Sunday, as Jameis Winston works his way back from a back injury. They will also be without wide receivers Michael Thomas, Jarvis Landry and Deonte Harty and cornerback Marshon Lattimore. WR Chris Olave (concussion) is questionable.
- Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott, who has missed the last four games while recovering from surgery on his thumb, is listed as questionable for Sunday’s game against the Eagles. Head coach Mike McCarthy said that the team is planning for Cooper Rush to start.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers will have a shorthanded secondary when they face the Buccaneers on Sunday, as they will be without safety Minkah Fitzpatrick (knee) and cornerbacks Ahkello Witherspoon (hamstring), Cam Sutton (hamstring) and Levi Wallace (concussion).