- Musical name. A’ja was named after Steely Dan’s 1977 album and song “Aja.” The song was her father’s favorite and he loved the simplicity of the name.
- Candle maker. A’ja launched a luxury candle brand named Burnt Wax Candle Company in 2021. The names of the candles include “National Champion,” “MVP,” “Rookie of the Year,” and “Olympic Gold 2022” after her various basketball accomplishments.
- Legacy cemented. A statue of A’ja was installed outside Colonial Life Arena in 2021 honoring her historic college career for the South Carolina Gamecocks. She was the program’s first National Player of the Year and led the Gamecocks to their 2017 NCAA National Championship.
- Jersey dress. A’ja is known for sporting jersey dresses of iconic WNBA players ahead of her Las Vegas Aces games. She has worn Lisa Leslie’s high school jersey, Sheryl Swoopes’ Houston Comets jersey and Nikki McCray’s San Antonio Stars jersey.
- 30 under 30. A’ja was named to the Forbes 30 under 30 list in 2021. She was recognized for winning the 2020 WNBA MVP, her social justice and mental health activism off the court and for becoming the first WNBA player to sign an endorsement deal with Mountain Dew.
Image source: A’ja Wilson on Instagram