- Historic playoff debut. Daniel became the first player in NFL history to throw 300+ pass yards, 2+ pass touchdowns and rush for 70+ yards in the Giants upset of the Vikings in the Wild Card Round. It was also Daniel’s first career playoff game.
- Athletic bones. Daniel isn’t the only star athlete in the family, his three siblings all played D-1 sports in college. His older sister Rebecca played field hockey at Davidson, his younger brother Bates played basketball at Duke and his younger sister Ruthie plays soccer at Duke.
- Manifesting his dreams. Daniel grew up a Carolina Panthers fan, but he was also a big fan of his future mentor/teammate Eli Manning. During his rookie season, a picture of Daniel wearing Manning’s Giants jersey as a kid went viral…talk about strong manifesting powers.
- Baller skills. Daniel was an accomplished high school basketball player. He was AAU teammates with Celtics forward Grant Williams and one time dunked on the 6’10” NBA pro.
- Heart of gold. Daniel doesn’t make a lot of news off the field, but when he does it’s for a good cause. Last January, he gifted a local New Jersey quarterback tickets to the Super Bowl 56 after the high schooler lost his mother to breast cancer.
Image Source: New York Giants on Instagram