- A victorious debut! Elena made history on Saturday when she defeated Ons Jabeur in the Wimbledon women’s final and became the first player from Kazakhstan to win a Grand Slam singles championship. This was also Elena’s first-ever Grand Slam final appearance.
- The 23-year-old was born in Moscow and represented Russia until 2018 when Kazakhstan offered her additional funding to support her career.
- Elena’s natural athleticism revealed itself at a very young age and she immediately gravitated towards gymnastics and ice-skating. When her dad recognized her height would hinder her success in both sports, he suggested she take up tennis, and the rest is history! Elena is now 6 feet tall.
- A devoted animal lover. Elena has an adorable beagle named Mulia and her love for dogs runs deep (a woman after our own hearts). She visits and works with many animal shelters, including Angels Heart in Kazakhstan.
- Serving aces. Elena is known for having one of the most powerful serves in women’s tennis, and leads the tour with 221 aces in just under 40 matches.
Image Source: Elena Rybakina on Instagram