Now that Andrew Luck has retired, let’s shift our focus to the Colts backup QB, Jacoby Brissett. Today’s 5 Fun Facts are all about Jacoby, and you don’t want to miss ’em!
- When Jacoby transferred to NC State in 2013, NCAA rules prohibited him from traveling with the team since he had to sit out the season. That didn’t stop him. He personally drove himself to almost every road game to support his team. Now that’s a QB with drive!
- No stranger to the big stage. In his first season, Jacoby won Super Bowl LI as a member of the New England Patriots. He backed up some guy named Tom Brady, so we think he’s ready to take over the Colts offense (again).
- Jacoby spent the summer asking his Twitter followers some of the world’s most mysterious questions. If the sun is hot how is outer space cold? What’s on the other side of a black hole? We need answers!
- “One Snap”. That’s the nickname Bill Parcells gave to Brissett during his Rookie Year. He was only “one snap” away from playing. His “one snap” then was Tom Brady’s Deflategate suspension and Jimmy Garoppolo’s shoulder injury. His “one snap” this time is Andrew Luck’s retirement. Talk about timing.
- Jacoby may be Andrew Luck’s replacement, but he’s still his biggest supporter. When the internet exploded after the shocking announcement, Jacoby told the world Luck’s happiness should come first. Now that’s a man we can get behind! #classy