- Good luck charm. Jeremy hit his first major league home run in April while his parents were being interviewed for the TV broadcast. “Happy, happy, happy now,” his father Geronimo said as he celebrated with his wife.
- ALCS MVP. Jeremy was named the ALCS MVP after hitting .353 with 2 home runs in the Astros sweep of the Yankees. He is just the sixth rookie to win a postseason MVP award.
- Baseball blood. Jeremy gets his love of baseball from his father Geronimo who was also a professional baseball player. Geronimo was in the MLB from 1990-96 and played for the St. Louis Cardinals and Cleveland Indians.
- Heart hands. Every time Jeremy hits a home run he holds up heart hands as he rounds third base. He makes the gesture for his mom Cecilia.
- DR to New England. Jeremy was born in the Dominican Republic, but moved to Providence, Rhode Island when he was nine. He played college baseball at the University of Maine instead of signing with the Atlanta Braves after being drafted in 2015.
Image Source: Jeremy Peña on Instagram