1. Not a stranger to seizing opportunity! Mason was going to redshirt the 2014 season at Oklahoma State, but instead became the team’s starting Quarterback after the two other QBs suffered injuries later in the season.
2. He gets it from his father. Mason’s dad, Brett, played linebacker during his college days at UNC. But football isn’t the only thing Brett shared with his son. Mason credits his father for instilling his notable leadership skills in him at a very young age. #LeadByExample
3. “Mr. Consistent.” That’s the nickname Seahawks QB Russell Wilson gave to Mason before the 2018 Draft. Thirty-eight straight starts at OKSU will catch the attention of superstars like Russell.
4. He’s a Mad Man. That’s how teammate Ramon Foster explains Mason’s preparation techniques. Afterall, Mason is usually found wearing his helmet and mimicking practice plays on the sideline when he doesn’t start games. If you ask us, the Steeler’s offense is in good hands! #BePrepared
5. Growing up in the Carolinas, Mason used to play street ball with Luke Maye. Yes, THAT Luke Maye, who dominated on the court during his time at UNC and signed with the Milwaukee Bucks this summer. Now, both men are playing the sport they love professionally. #Besties