- Power couple. Megan Rapinoe first met her wife, WNBA legend Sue Bird, at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics, and between the two of them, they have seven Olympic medals! The couple is admired for not only their athletic skills, but also their advocacy outside of sports.
- Megan has torn her ACL three times (ouch!). It all started in 2006 when she tore her left ACL for the first time during her sophomore season at the University of Portland. She returned in 2007 but again tore her left ACL only TWO GAMES into the season. Megan tore her ACL (this time her right) for the third time in 2015 while training for a Victory Tour match after winning the Women’s World Cup.
- Double the trouble. Megan has a twin sister named Rachael who has forever been her partner in crime. From playing soccer together growing up and at the University of Portland to becoming business partners, the Rapinoe sisters have done it all! Rachael was also on our Get My Job podcast back in 2020 where she talked about finding the balance between work and family when it comes to working with Megan.
- More than sports. Megan wrote a NYT Best-Selling memoir ‘One Life’ that dives deeper into not only her journey through sports, but also about her political awakening. She said she wanted to write the book and use it as a “vehicle to really talk about what I see as the most important work in my life, which is all the stuff we’re doing off the field.”
- Back in 2017, Megan became one of the first players to join the Common Goal movement alongside fellow USWNT teammate Alex Morgan. She has long been a loud and proud advocate in the fight for gender equality, equal pay in sport, and social justice.
Image Source: Megan Rapinoe on Instagram