- On Tuesday, the Twins rookie made history as the youngest player (24) in franchise history to hit a postseason home run in 100 years. After hitting his SECOND homer of the night, he became the third player in MLB history to hit a homerun in his first two career postseason plate appearances!
- Royce was the No.1 overall draft pick out of high school in 2017 but suffered multiple ACL injuries that kept him on the bench for years. When coming off the Injured List in May of 2023 and asked about how he dealt with those setbacks, Royce said “you just keep going. If you want to live out your dream, you just have to keep fighting and keep working as hard as you possibly can.”
- Royce went to school in Orange County and as a junior was awarded The Los Angeles Times High School Player of the Year after hitting .429.
- Athletic bloodline. Royce’s father William played football at Fullerton College and Chico State, while his mother Cindy played softball at U.S. International and San Jose State.
- It’s clear baseball is Royce’s #1 sport, but the other that has his heart might surprise you…bowling! Other than baseball, bowling is Royce’s favorite sport to play, and after being drafted No.1 overall in 2017, said he would celebrate by “going bowling and eating some cake with the fam.”
Image Source Royce Lewis on Instagram