Atlanta has become one of the hottest, can’t miss destinations in the country. Not only do they have stunning landmarks, delicious eats, and an exciting nightlife, but there are also so many great things to experience for free. This Falcons Fangirl beelined to the ATL to root for our beloved Falcons, and I did it on a budget. I’m sharing these money-saving hangouts with Fangirl Nation so you can pile up these paper saving experiences like Falcons pile up victories. Here’s a Fangirl guide to help experiencing Atlanta for next to nothing. Tourists and locals welcome.
1) Show your Atlanta Falcon pride and “Rise Up” to meet the largest bird statue in the world. Weighing in at 73,000 pounds, this impressive work of art sits right outside the Falcons’ new Mercedes-Benz Stadium. As die-hard Falcon fans, we definitely need a pic in front of this symbolic piece of art to show our spirit. Once you do get this pic, make sure to toss it up on your social media with the caption, mood: when you find out Julio is ACTUALLY reporting to training camp!
Tell Me Where: 1 AMB Drive NW
2) Find your center with some free yoga in the park. Say Namaste to all of your postgame anxiety as you flex and stretch with the wonderful instructors of Westside Yoga. Not only does this class save you money but it also offers you a delightful opportunity to see the breathtaking sights of Piedmont Park. It is offered on the second Monday of each month. Just try to get us to Nama-stay away from this workout! This would have been great to have gone to after Super Bowl LI…we could have cried our eyes out and done some yoga together.
Tell Me Where: 857 Collier Rd NW, Atlanta GA 30318
3) Now that your chakras are aligned, it’s time to stage your own photoshoot. Head over to KROG STREET TUNNEL to Instagram to your heart’s content. Come see how local artists keep this space alive with inspiring art pieces, murals, and culture. Your feed will thank me.
Tell Me Where: 1 Krog St NE, Atlanta, GA 30307
4) Get your window shop on and check out The Shops Buckhead Atlanta. This destination is a can’t miss for “people watching” in the city. Fashion, music, and cuisine are all on display at this open air destination. All of the sights are free and if you do end up shopping a little, I’ll never tell. Wink.
Tell Me Where: 3035 Peachtree Rd, Atlanta, GA 30305
5) College Football Hall of Fame: For next to nothing you can see where your favorite gridiron players made their mark from the beginning. This tour at the College Football Hall of Fame is completely customizable to your preference. Start the tour by entering your favorite team at check-in and see all the greatest hits of years gone by as you walk the halls. There’s no better way to gear up for gameday. Go team!
Tell Me Where: 250 Marietta St., N.W
Atlanta, GA 30313