1. For the first time in 13 YEARS (!!!) the Cleveland Browns have secured a winning record, and Baker is a huge reason why. During Sunday’s game against the Titans, Baker threw for four touchdowns…IN THE FIRST HALF!!! To put things in perspective, the last time a Browns QB did that it was 1951.
2. Don’t let the headlines fool you, Baker’s got a soft side. Back in December 2014, Baker was invited to his high school coach’s nephew’s football-themed 6th birthday party. Making the trek home to Texas from Oklahoma, he wound up making it in time to the party and spent the nighthanging out and playing catch with all the kids!
3. Fashion, but make it functional. Headbands have been a part of Baker’s signature look since middle school, and not just because it looks cool. He’d wear it while playing in the summer simply to keep the sweat out of his eyes, anddddnow it’s part of his logo!
4. After transferring to Oklahoma AFTER walking on at Texas Tech (crazy we know), Baker had to sit out for one season and found himself playing intramurals instead. He wasn’t allowed to play intramural football (it just wasn’t fair) so he wound up playing intramural softball…and his team became two-time intramural champs!
5. What do Baker Mayfield and LeBron James have in common? They both have a steak named after them! A few months into his rookie year, Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse created the Baker Mayfield Steak: a filet mignon topped with spicy cracked-peppercorn-and-cognac bordelaise sauce. Just thinking about it makes us hungry!