5 Fun Facts About Patrick Mahomes
- He’s a classic man. We all remember Jimmy G’s terrible season-ending ACL injury last season. Well, that injury just happened to come while he was playing Pat’s Chiefs so OF COURSE Patrick went out of his way to check in on him after that game. We just love the friendship!
- “Showtime”. That’s the nickname Patrick’s dad gave him when he was growing up. Now, he’s taking his game to the biggest stage, and we can’t wait to see what he has in store.
- Would you like ketchup with that? Ever since he was young, Patrick would put ketchup on everything. He loved it so much that he would sometimes get bottles of it for his birthday. Wonder if he’d celebrate a Super Bowl victory with steak and ketchup!
- Patrick was drafted as a pitcher by the Detroit Tigers in the 37th-round of the 2014 draft. Scouts say he could hit mid-90s with his fastball. No wonder he has such a cannon on the football field!
- Mahomes Magic Crunch. No, that’s not the name of a new play the Chiefs will be running in the Super Bowl, although they should really consider it. It’s Mahomes’ Frosted Flakes inspired cereal that’s expected to raise over $25,000 for underserved children in the Kansas City Area. #MVP
5 Fun Facts About Jimmy Garoppolo
- Feels great baby! I mean, need we say more? The post-game exchange between Jimmy and Erin Andrews after the 49ers started 8-0 quickly turned into a season-long meme. But, we wonder if he’ll bring the phrase back if he wins the Super Bowl. We’d LOVE to see it on a championship tee.
- They say all the greats play many sports growing up. Well let’s just say Jimmy’s resume is pretty impressive. Linebacker, track runner, pitcher, point guard…and oh yea, quarterback. But don’t forget, he didn’t make that position change until junior year of high school! #what
- Hold on, we’re going home. Jimmy’s high school coach, Coach Milsaps, shared that Jimmy would be the one to convince his teammates to skip the late-night parties before the homecoming game. Story goes, they never lost a homecoming game after that.
- He’s totally relatable. When Jimmy’s driving alone in the car, one of his go-to tunes to sing along to is “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”. Teammate Joe Staley even got him to sing it in the locker room. We think he needs to take this to Carpool Karaoke!
- It’s all in the shoes. This season, Jimmy’s customized cleats were hand-drawn by children from Make A Wish. He bonded with some of the kids when they attended practice and wanted to do something extra special for them. #MyCauseMyCleats