After months of home runs, double plays, peanuts, cracker jack and tears (though that may just be me), the World Series is here, with the Philadelphia Phillies taking on the Houston Astros.Game 1 is Friday at 8:03 pm ET/5:03 pm PT from Houston’s Minute Maid Park and will air on FOX.
RHP Aaron Nola is expected to start for the Phillies, while RHP Justin Verlander is expected to start for the Astros. The starting lineups are as follows:
LF Kyle Schwarber
1B Rhys Hoskins
C J.T. Realmuto
DH Bryce Harper
RF Nick Castellanos
3B Alec Bohm
CF Brandon Marsh
2B Jean Segura
SS Bryson Stott
2B José Altuve
SS Jeremy Peña
3B Alex Bregman
RF Kyle Tucker
1B Yuli Gurriel
DH Trey Mancini
CF Chas McCormick
Gentlemen, play ball!
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-5) suffered a tough, 27-22, loss to the Baltimore Ravens (5-3) on Thursday Night Football, but that was far from the worst of it, as outside linebacker ShaquilBarrett tore his Achilles and is out for the season.
The injury happened during the third quarter on a 3rd-and-1 running play. Barrett came off the field and was carted to the locker room. The two-time Pro Bowler had a sack, three tackles for a loss and four combined tackles before exiting the game.
The injury is the latest in a series of blows to the Bucs, who have lost five of their last six games.
Denver Broncos’ quarterback Russell Wilson is expected to play on Sunday, as the Jacksonville Jaguars “host” the Broncos in London. Wilson was out last week with a hamstring injury.
Broncos head coach Nathaniel Hackett said that Wilson was able to practice on Friday with “no limitations.” Well, he is Mr. Unlimited.
Wilson was injured in the fourth quarter of the Broncos’ Oct. 17 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers.
More NFL Injury News
- San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Deebo Samuel (hamstring) is OUT for Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Rams.
- Dallas Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott is listed as doubtful for Sunday’s game against the Chicago Bears, due to a hyperextended right knee.
- New York Jets wide receiver Corey Davis (knee) is OUT for Sunday’s game against the New England Patriots.
- The Atlanta Falcons will host the Carolina Panthers on Sunday with CB A.J. Terrell who is out with a hamstring injury.
- Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase (hip) has been ruled out for Monday’s game against the Cleveland Browns
Per The Athletic, future University of Texas quarterback Arch Manning will enroll early and start classes in the spring semester ahead of his freshman season. By doing this, Manning can participate in spring practice.
Manning will officially sign with the Longhorns during December’s early signing period. As it stands now, Texas has the No. 5 recruiting class in the country, with Manning being the team’s only five-star recruit.
A quarterback competition between Manning and current start Quinn Ewers is expected.